The Pigmentation Disorders
Often a change in the skin color is the manifestation of the ectodermal extracutaneous disease. This is an unsightly condition of interest, dermatologically characterized by hypopigmentation (leucoderma) or hyperpigmentation.
There are different forms of hyperpigmentation:
- The hyperpigmentation caused by the accumulation of melanin (hypermelanosis) or originated from darkening causes (blood, exogenous pigment, carotene);
- Hypermelanosis congenital: neurofibromatosis, xeroderma pigmentosum, and Mongolian spots;
- Hypermelanosis acquired: secondary to systemic diseases, drugs, UV, post-traumatic results or treatments;
Melasma is the most common form!
K5® Skincare line can Help!
K5® Skincare line includes:
- K5® Lipogel;
- K5® Cryolaser;
- K5® Combo (under development).
The excessive deposits of melanin are diffused or localised mainly on the face, neck and hands, resulting in aesthetical and psychological discomfort.
K5® Lipogel Dual Objective:
- improved patient compliance
- increased skin bioavailability
Various conditions are responsible for an abnormal increase in pigmentation resulting in the appearance of “brown spots” on the skin.
- xeroderma pigmentosum
- Mongolian spots
- systemic diseases
- chloasma gravidarum
- oral contraceptives
- physical agents (UV rays)
- consequences of beauty treatments
The results of clinical tests have shown that K5® Lipogel topical treatment based on 4% Pidobenzone, the patented active ingredient, possesses a depigmenting activity.
K5 Cryolaser® is an anti-brown spots skin lipogel especially formulated for a laser application combined use. The aim of its use is the lightening of the thin brown spot remaining after laser application.
The formulation is the same as K5® Lipogel, except salicylic acid. Salicylic acid in K5® Lipogel has a cheratolitic property adjuvant to the depigmenting activity of Pidobenzone. After laser application the skin is damaged by it and the use of salicylic acid is not advisable and not necessary.